Re: loading path

From: taltman
Subject: Re: loading path
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:13:06 -0800 (PST)

See my comments interspersed below:

On Nov 3, 2003 at 12:11am, Victor Kareem wrote:

slickv >Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:11:17 -0600
slickv >From: Victor Kareem <address@hidden>
slickv >To: address@hidden
slickv >Subject: loading path
slickv >Resent-Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 07:19:36 -0600
slickv >Resent-From: address@hidden
slickv >Resent-To: help-octave <address@hidden>
slickv >
slickv >I need some help about loading path.
slickv >
slickv >After writing a mfile. I specify the path to the mfile in octave by
doing
slickv >the following
slickv >
slickv >LOADPATH
slickv >LOADPATH:
slickv >path(path,"Program Files\GNU octave 2.1.36\octave_files")
slickv >
slickv >well running the mfile works. Now i want to specify a new path to where
the
slickv >mfile should be read but octave is taking the above path as the default
path
slickv >and would not read mfile from anywhere else but the above path. Does
anyone
slickv >know how i can clear the path and load a new path. By the way I have
tried
slickv >doing
slickv >LOADPATH
slickv >>>LOADPATH:
slickv >path(path," my new path")
slickv >
slickv >and it does not work. Anyone have similar experience please help. I am
slickv >working on windows.

Wait; are you talking about during one Octave session, or between
sessions? Something is seriously wrong if you're doing
path(path,"/foo"), and then when you type LOADPATH, there's no "/foo"
there ( during one session ). Between sessions, there should be no
expectation of path persistence; add the appropriate path munging
statement to your .octaverc file ( it's been mentioned on this list
that the place to put your .octaverc file in Windows is wherever
Windows defaults to when you try to open a file, I believe ) in order
to have your path extended for you whenever you start up Octave.

slickv >
slickv >Secondly, I started octave from dos window but I also want to send an
mfile
slickv >from dos for octave to run. someone help on how to do this. I try using
slickv >redirection below but it does not work
slickv >..>start octave-2.1.36.exe < name.m

This has been answered not too long ago on this list:

This should still be applicable even if you didn't install it through
Cygwin, because I believe that the Windows version of Octave comes
with some sort of minimal Cygwin environment, anyways.

~Tomer

slickv >
slickv >_________________________________________________________________
slickv >Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet
access.
slickv >Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local
service
slickv >providers in your area).  https://broadband.msn.com
slickv >
slickv >
slickv >
slickv >Octave is freely available under the terms of the GNU GPL.
slickv >
slickv >Octave's home on the web:  http://www.octave.org
slickv >How to fund new projects:  http://www.octave.org/funding.html
slickv >