Re: using octave from a C++ program

From: taltman
Subject: Re: using octave from a C++ program
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:54:49 -0700 (PDT)

Comments below:

On Oct 24, 2003 at 12:58pm, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

edd >On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 10:29:15AM -0700, address@hidden wrote:
edd >> My initial approach would be to do the following:
edd >>
edd >> * code up your program in Octave m-files. Debug it and make it
edd >>   error-tolerant.
edd >>
edd >> * compile it into a oct-file using 'mkoctfile', following the examples
edd >>   that Paul was describing.
edd >
edd >mkoctile uses .c, .cc or .f as inputs, not Octave .m files. There is no
edd >'m to oct' compiler.
edd >
edd >Dirk

You are exactly right. Which is why I mentioned to convert the m-file
statements into something palatable for 'mkoctfile', by following the
examples that Paul just described.

Thanks,

~Tomer