Shift in C++

From: Kristof Timmermans
Subject: Shift in C++
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:45:50 +0200

Hello,

does anyone know if there is a command to shift a rowvector in C++ (just
like the octave command shift) that I can use?

I have written two functions to shift left and right. The function look
similar but there is a great speed difference between the two:

shift_left:

for (int i = 0; i < inputvector.length(); i++)
{...
    retval(i) = retval(i+1);
}

shift right:

for (int i = inputvector.length() i > 0; i--)
{...
    retval(i) = retval(i-1);
}

To shift left, there is no problem, but when I shift to the right, it
goes very slow...anyone an idea?

Greetz

Kristof