SIMO systems

From: Mauro Casse
Subject: SIMO systems
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:10:27 -0300

Hi, I can't find how to do this, I must obtain the space state representation of the followig transfer function with single input and two outputs
                    1                [  1  ]
G(s) = ------------------- * |       | (this is a column vector)
             s^2+5*s+1       [ s+1]

the following commands works in Matlab, but octave return this error

octave:26> num = [ 0 1; 1 1];
octave:27> den = [ 1 5 6 ];
octave:28> [ A, B, C, D] = tf2ss(num,den)
error: num(2x2) must be a vector
error: evaluating if command near line 51, column 3
error: called from /usr/local/share/octave/2.1.50/m/control/sys

Another thing, how can I do to paste the octave stdout on the OpenOffice word processor?, I have tried the copy from the terminal edit menu but it paste only the first character.

Thank you

Mauro Casse