Re: Limited number of figures?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Limited number of figures?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:59:59 -0500

On 12-Jun-2003, Ian MacPhedran <address@hidden> wrote:

| On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| >  Although
| > it might be tempting, I think that for Octave to modify PATH by
| > looking at the value of gnuplot_binary is probably not a good
| > solution.
|
| Agreed, but ... the user can always set the path before starting octave.

Yes, but my point was in response to a question about arranging for
things to "just work" if the user sets gnuplot_binary, which seems
difficult to do without some ugly kluge like resetting PATH based on
the value of gnuplot_binary.  So telling the user that he may also
need to set his PATH appropriately in addition to setting
gnuplot_binary is not entirely satisfactory...

jwe