Re: tab completion and readline

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: tab completion and readline
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 19:59:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> Hm, I can't even remember if it ever worked for directories and
> filenames as bash does.

I am using two different versions under Solaris 8 on two different Sun
computers.  Version 2.0.14 works great, like normal command-line directory
and filename completion under tcsh (which I use and which is surely like
bash).  Version 2.1.46 does not work properly.  I can't tell you exactly
what it's doing, but it is giving incorrect completions.  For example, to
complete /usr/loc[tab] it gives /usr/localtime even though there is no
such directory or file name.  Just typing a few strings at random, I see
that it will produce "date" "bin" "localtime" if I type the first few
letters, so it must be completing only internal names, no external
filesystem names.

Does this meant that something got broken in a recent version of Octave?

Mike