Re: Solving Systems Of Linear Equations

From: WJ Atsma
Subject: Re: Solving Systems Of Linear Equations
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 14:15:17 +0200

I just added some functions to the octave-forge cvs. With the new symbolic tools
you could do this:

symbols
W=sym("W");
X=sym("X");
Y=sym("Y");
Z=sym("Z");

f1=2*W+5*X-Y+4*Z;
f2=W+X+Y+Z;
f3=4*W-3*X+6*Y+Z;
f4=2*W-5*X-3*Y-Z;

## to solve a linear system, pass eqns and variables as cell arrays
## or lists:
a = symlsolve (list(f1,f2,f3,f4),list(W,X,Y,Z));

## check the result:
subs(f1,list(W,X,Y,Z),a)

... etc.