Re: How to save ascii files without header information

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: How to save ascii files without header information
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:00:18 -0400 (EDT)

   I just developed a super-simple post-processing perl script for removing
   the extra comment lines in the saved file.  It actually removes any lines

I am a firm believer in Perl ad-hoc one-liners. Given the choice of
writing command-line one-liners versus scripts saved in files, I find
that it's just as hard for me to remember how I called such a file,
and one-liners are more flexible.

Anyway, to strip comments, I'd do

        perl -ne 'print unless /^#/'   filename.sav