command history

From: Brian Merkey
Subject: command history
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:51:41 -0600

Hello,

I'm running octave under Mac OS X and am wondering how I can get functionality to edit the previous command. For example, in gnuplot I can press the up-arrow to go to the previous command, but octave does not register the keypress as an action and instead just shows the control sequence (^[[A). Neither up-arrow nor control-p work, and I have tried several terminals to see if that is the problem (I'm using xterm and vt100). Is there something else I could try? Thanks for the help.

Brian
Eschew Obfuscation