Re: Clawpack + Octave?

From: John B. Thoo
Subject: Re: Clawpack + Octave?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:33:20 -0800

On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 07:06 PM, Paul Kienzle wrote:

Hi. OK, I've downloaded Clawpack to my Mac and it seems to run. Yea! :) When I open Octave to plot an example solution using the m-file plotclaw1.m, however, I get

octave:1> plotclaw1
error: `plotclaw1' undefined near line 1 column

octave:1> LOADPATH=":<pathtoclaw>/matlab"

That worked.  Thanks!

where <pathtoclaw> is the full path to the claw directory, possibly relative to ~.
You can put the loadpath command in your ~/.octaverc file.

I looked, but didn't see a .octaverc file. Should I create one? Should anything else go in this file?

Thanks again.

---John.