Re: Strings not compatible with Matlab?

From: James Frye
Subject: Re: Strings not compatible with Matlab?
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:27:13 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, John W. Eaton wrote:

> That doesn't look like something that will work in Matlab, since it
> has ", printf, and endfunction.
> Can you provide a better example of something that doesn't work in a
> compatible way?

I hadn't tried that short example with matlab (since it was Sunday, and I
would have had to drive into the lab and boot the machine that has Matlab
on it, and that would have cut into my skiing time).  However, it's
abstracted from one of the scripts, which I didn't want to send to the
list since it's about 1200 lines.  If you're interested, I could email it
and a data file.

I ought to mention again that I didn't write these scripts.  The only
contact I've had with Matlab is to start it, run one of them, and look at
the output to figure out what the code I'm supposed to be writing is
doing.

> If you think you have found a bug, can you please submit a complete
> bug report to the bug-octave mailing list?  If you're not sure what to
> include in a complete report, please read the bugs chapter of the
> Octave manual (you can find a copy at www.octave.org/bugs.html).

I'll have a look at that, especially as I seem to have found more problems
with fread...

James