compile error with 2.1.40: arith.texi

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: compile error with 2.1.40: arith.texi
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:59:54 -0600

On 27-Nov-2002, HEISERER DANIEL <address@hidden> wrote:

| Hi,
| I have an error compiling octave-2.1.40:
| Can anybody help me?
| ------------------------------------------------------....
| making gendoc.cc
| gendoc.cc is unchanged
| ./gendoc > DOCSTRINGS-t
| mv DOCSTRINGS-t DOCSTRINGS
| make[4]: Leaving directory `/tmp/octave-2.1.40/src'
| make -C ../../scripts DOCSTRINGS
| make[4]: Entering directory `/tmp/octave-2.1.40/scripts'
| make[4]: `DOCSTRINGS' is up to date.
| make[4]: Leaving directory `/tmp/octave-2.1.40/scripts'
| making arith.texi from arith.txi
| invalid doc file format

What are in the two DOCSTRING files in the src and scripts
directories?

They should be a series of entries like this:

is_struct
-*- texinfo -*-
@deftypefn {Function File} {} is_struct (@var{a})
This function has been deprecated.  Use isstruct instead.
@end deftypefn
is_symmetric
-*- texinfo -*-
@deftypefn {Function File} {} issymmetric (@var{x}, @var{tol})
This function has been deprecated.  Use issymmetric instead.
@end deftypefn

The separator between entries is ASCII 31.  A function name should
appear immediately after the separator, then any number of lines of
Texinfo documentation until the next separator.

jwe