Re: Windows, mkoctfile and DLLs

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Windows, mkoctfile and DLLs
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:26:21 -0500

The error is something to the effect of:

        min.oct has caused an error. The program will be halted.

Click Ok and nothing happens.  I've been hoping that it was something
broken with my configuration which would go away when I recompiled
with 2.1.39.  Apparently, not.  Any windows gurus out there who might
have some suggestions?  Could it be something silly like the DLL being
called .oct rather than .dll?  AFAIK it does not happen on Windows 2000.

The workaround for now is

        page_screen_output = 0

so that the pager doesn't get called.  Not the best solution.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden