Re: octave graphics

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: octave graphics
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 17:57:08 -0400

This is a bug in the octave-forge/extra/Windows/image.m function.

It does not work with the --traditional switch, which is part of many
octave-for-windows startup scripts.

So,
$ octave --traditional -q
>> image;
parse error near line 70 of file /usr/share/octave/2.1.36/m/image/image.m
                          ^
>> exit

address@hidden ~
$ octave -q
octave:1> image;
octave:2> exit

I have just fixed it in the octave-forge CVS.

andy

residentes wrote:

When I do   image()   in octave 2.1.36 sourceforge for windows, octave =
answers: =20
       parse error           tmpnam()^ =20

or something like that.   I know the script function image.m tries to =
open windows explorer and to show the image as html format.  I can =
change that behavior inserting    system(irfanview)... or other program =
in image.m, but thats not the problem.
I think it deals with any kind of path, so octave cannot find th =
temporal file oct-xxxxxx to translate it to bmp and to show it with =
windows explorer.
regarrddddssss        =20