Interactive mode

From: Ravikiran Rajagopal
Subject: Interactive mode
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 20:01:34 -0500

Hello,
  I am writing a KDE GUI interface for Octave. It runs Octave as a separate
process, and manipulates the stdin and stdout handles. The output is usually
given a pretty face before being shown to the user, or is exported to a LaTeX
format, etc. I have a few questions about how the output is handled.
  I prefer to force the Octave process to run interactively so that the users
may get their customized prompts. However, when run interactively, paging is
enabled, and this messes up my GUI. Is there a hook available by which I can
override pagination defaults after the user's ~/.octaverc file is read? I
cannot send commands to Octave at that point without confusing the user.
  Alternatively, I would like to start the process non-interactively, and
somehow force Octave to output the prompt after each command. Is this
possible?

Thanks,
Ravi