octave and vim

From: iago mosqueira
Subject: octave and vim
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:57:48 +0100

Hi,

I am putting together some functions and amppings to be able to do in octave
from vim what you can do in the matlab editor: running with F9 the current
line or a selected piece of code, with F5 the whole script, and a few other
things. The question is about what extension is commonly used for octave
files. Files called *.m are recognised as matlab by vim, but this mappings
will only work with octave, and I want my vim to differentiate betweeen the
two. Is there any agreement on the file extension for octave?

Thanks

iago