Euler

From: Martijn Brouwer
Subject: Euler
Date: 06 Apr 2002 14:49:53 +0200

Hi,
A question for especially the developers of Octave. I am using Octave
for quite a few months now. There are a lot of things I like about it:
syntax, flexibility, some compatibility with Matlab. But I consider the
graphical possibilities quite limited, and searching the mailing list, I
found that I am not the only one. There have been discussions on this
topic a few times.
The advantages of using an existing program for plotting are obvious.
But gnuplot is in my opinion a little awkward to use, and limited in its
possibilities.
This week I came across Euler on internet http://euler.sourceforge.net,
a program written by Rene Grothman and ported to gtk by Eric Bouchare.
It does not have extensive functionality but its graphics are great.
Would it be a nice idea to use the graphics engine of euler for Octave.
Or to create a program consisting of the core of Octave together with
the interface and graphics engine of Euler?
Maybe I am too naive, and is this impossible, but when it would be
possible a killer app could be created.

Kind regards,

Martijn Brouwer