Re: Octave & Mac OSX

From: Michael W. Martin
Subject: Re: Octave & Mac OSX
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:38:22 -0600

On Wednesday, February 13, 2002, at 02:35 AM, Pierre Vaudrey wrote:
I would like continue with fink & XFree86.
Which version of gnuplot you recommand : 1.7.1.4 or higher ?

The fink install of gnuplot 3.7.1-4 works just fine with octave & XFree86 under OSX. I would also add that one additional advantage of running octave under XFree86 as opposed to AquaTerm is that octave's image( ) command uses imagemagick. Imagemagick sends its output to X11 and does not work with Aquaterm (at least not yet anyway).

Since I wanted to try out Aquaterm, I have also tried the unstable release of gnuplot 3.8. It works just fine too. Either 3.7.1-4 or 3.8 is acceptable. Fink makes both available. Gnuplot 3.7.1-4 is the current stable release and comes automatically when gnuplot is selected.

Michael W. Martin                   Phone: (281) 333-2177
Draper Laboratory                   FAX:   (281) 333-5276
2200 Space Park Dr.                 EMail: address@hidden
Houston, TX 77058                   WWW: http://www.jsc.draper.com/
USA                                 Mail Code: EG/Draper