Re: Octave mode in emacs

From: Shengchao Li
Subject: Re: Octave mode in emacs
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:17:43 -0500 (EST)

add the following in your ~/.emacs file:
(autoload 'octave-mode "octave-mod" nil t)
(setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons '("\\.m$" . octave-mode) auto-mode-alist))

(add-hook 'octave-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (abbrev-mode 1)
            (auto-fill-mode 1)
            (if (eq window-system 'x)
                (font-lock-mode 1))))

(global-font-lock-mode 1)

It is in the Octave manual. If you read you will find it there.

shengchao