[Announce] Symbolic computation

From: BERTRAND Joël
Subject: [Announce] Symbolic computation
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:32:41 +0100

        Good morning,

I use Octave since a long time, but I needed a program which can perform symbolic computations. So I have re-worked on an old program written in 1989. I don't know if it can be easy used with octave, but maybe this program can help someone...

It can perform real and complex computation, matrix analysis, has X11 and LaTeX outputs. The used notation is the reverse polish notation and the syntax is very similar as the RPL written by HP for its 28S.

Warning : it requires a POSIX system and cannot be used on a Sparc (because a have some troubles with the stack pointer and the gcc compiler...).

        Regards,

        JKB