Re: octave for palm

From: Kevin Straight
Subject: Re: octave for palm
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 14:45:38 -0700 (PDT)

The lask of the FPU is not a serious problem, there are libraries around
to emulate it (we used to do it all the time back in the i286 and i386
days).

I think that if Texas instruments managed to port Derive onto their TI-92
calculator (< 1 meg) we could find a way to make Octave work on a Palm.

But the result would be slow and VERY memory limited...  You would
probably be just as well off getting a $50 programmable calculator.

Just my opinion.  I don't own a palm, or else I would probably want port
it too. <smile>

Kevin Straight
University of Idaho
www.uidaho.edu/~stra9456