RE: Question about octave-2.1.34

From: Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza
Subject: RE: Question about octave-2.1.34
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 21:42:26 +0200 (CEST)

Dear listmembers,
I finally found out what was the cause of my difficulties. Trying to comply
with the SuSE installation I assigned the same value to libexecdir that was
assigned to libdir (= /usr/lib in my case). This caused the crash I had to
notice. So, my problem is solved now. However, SuSE removed the directory
/usr/libexec due to their argument that this does not comply to the FHS 2.1.
What is your opinion about that matter? I thought about the introduction of a
directory /usr/lib/octavelib rather than /usr/libexec; this changes things but
hardly improves them.
Therefore I would really appreciate any comment from your side with regard to
that matter,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

E-Mail: Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza <address@hidden>
Date: 09-Sep-01
Time: 21:38:30                 |
                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)