Is this an Octave compatible license?

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: Is this an Octave compatible license?
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:29:13 -0600

Is the following copyright statement, from a library I am linking to,
compatible with Octave and/or GPL?  It seems rather simple, but I can't
see any problems.

*****
Copyright 2001
National Space Science Data Center
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center

This software may be copied or redistributed as long as it is not sold
for profit, but it can be incorporated into any other substantive
product without any modifications for profit or non-profit. This
copyright notice must be reproduced on each copy made. This software is
provided as is without any express or implied warranties whatsoever.
*****

This is from the NSSDC's CDF library, which I've been using to develop
an Octave toolset for accessing CDF data files.  I guess I'm curious in
case the toolset I'm developing is ever incorporated into the Octave
sources.  I would imagine it wouldn't be necessary to include the CDF
libraries, but rather autoconf, or whatever, could check for their
existence before compiling the appropriate functions.

For those who are interested, and are somewhat familiar with the CDF
library, I have the CDF "Internal Interface" working for all
OPEN|CONFIRM|GET|SELECT|DELETE|CLOSE functions.  Any CREATE|PUT
functionality is not currently implemented.  My goal is to have the
Internal Interface, and Epoch functions available via dynamically linked
C++ routines, and to use regular scripts for any higher level
functionality.  Please let me know if you are interested in contributing
(effort, not funds ;^).

-EJR