Re: Installation problem, Solaris

From: Mumit Khan
Subject: Re: Installation problem, Solaris
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:27:09 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Eric Evans wrote:

> I'm having a problem trying to get Octave to install on a machine running
> Solaris 8, with gcc 3.0 and GNU make 3.79.1.  I get compile errors in the
> module oct-cmplx.h.  Here is some of the console output from the
> installation process:

Octave 2.0.x (current stable release) is not gcc-3.0 ready. For gcc-3.0,
you need to use the CVS version (a recent snapshot may work). Check the
octave-maintainer list archives, available via Octave web site, to see
what's needed. In addition to using the CVS tree, you'll also need the
following patch on Solaris to work around a platform specific problem:

Regards,
Mumit