Advice on C++ and dynamically linked functions

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: Advice on C++ and dynamically linked functions
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:00:28 -0600

This is my second time asking, but maybe this is a little clearer...

I am writing a C++ wrapper for a C library for use as a dynamically
linked octave function (.oct file).  I am not very familiar with dynamic
linking.  How do I get mkoctfile to _dynamically_ link to my dynamic C
library?  I believe it is only linking to the static library, and thus
creating a HUGE executable (I've only implemented less than half of the
functions in the library, and I already have a > 1MB .oct file).  Do I
need to modify mkoctfile?

-EJR