File syncing

From: Michael C. Riedl
Subject: File syncing
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 13:46:06 +0200

Hi there!

Between file operations with fopen() / fclose() and file operations with
something like system('grep ...') I found that I need to do sleeps in
order to make sure the file is properly closed before it is accessed the
next time.
Of course this is very bad style as the minimum time to sleep depends on
the speed of the computer and it's work load.

How can I make sure the files are synced in a proper way (fflush() and
system('sync') don't seem to be what I need)

Thanks,

Michael