Re: linear interpolation and legend text

From: geraint bevan
Subject: Re: linear interpolation and legend text
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 09:41:50 -0600

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Eric J. Roulo wrote:

> I'm trying to use octave as a substitute for Matlab and am finding that
> there are a lot of missing functions that seem rather fundamental. I'm
> wondering if I am simply missing something or if these functions need to
> be loaded separately. Specifically, I'm interested in linear
> interpolation. I know that I can program anything I need, but the whole
> point is to not need to! (at least for the simple stuff) Does anyone
> know of a seperate function library I can load/use?
>
> I'm also trying to change the legend text of a plot to have something
> other than line 1, line 2, etc.
>
> Can anyone help me with the commands to do this?
>
> Thank you.
>
> -ejr

Using Dr. Douglas Eck's new mailing list search engine, a search for
"linear interpolation" finds:
http://www.idsia.ch/~doug/octave-lists/archives/help-octave-9504/msg00003.html
which may be able to help you with the linear interpolation.

Regarding the gnuplot, you can set the legend from within Octave with the
following syntax:

  plot (linspace(-4,4,40),sin(linspace(-4,4,40)),";Sine;")

Try "help plot" from within Octave for more information.

--
Geraint Bevan.