Re: octave scripts don't go to background

From: Douglas Sturim
Subject: Re: octave scripts don't go to background
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:08:06 -0400

hmm.....  I guess you could write a perl/or shell wrapper to through the
arguments into a text file that your octave script would read in.  Not
elegant but it would work...

"Gerd Bürger" wrote:

> Doug,
>
> You wrote:
>    >Try
>    >
>    >octave < def.m >& octave_out &
>
> but in case you want command line arguments you have to do
>
> octave def.m arg1 arg2 ... >& octave_out &
>
> and that doesn't go to background either, at least not for me (AIX
> 4.2, zsh).
>
>     Gerd

Douglas Sturim          Information Systems Technology Group
address@hidden       MIT Lincoln Laboratory
(781) 981-4462          Lexington, MA 02420-9185