qz

From: Gerald Marewo
Subject: qz
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:29:46 +0200

Hi all.

I am in desperate need of using the qz algorithm.

I posted an e-mail on the same subject a cople of weeks ago and
several people referred me to the qz algorithm.

What I needed is an equivalent of matlab's "eig" built-in function to
compute generalized eigenvalues and their corresponding
eigenvectors.

Unfortunately I typed "help qz" on the octave prompt and I got the
following message:

        help: sorry, `qz' is not documented

After guessing the syntax, for example

        qz(A,B) 'or just' qz

I get the following message:

        error: `qz' undefined near line 9 column 1
        error: evaluating index expression near line 9, column 1

However, "help qr" does give me something. At the present moment I
am going through the literature to see if the qr algorithm can be
of any help.

I understand qz is a built-in function. The problem is that with
the octave we have here:

        GNU Octave, version 2.0.16 (i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1)

the function does not seem to available for use. I was just
wondering if anyone could clarify on how I can get the function
working if it is reachable somewhere?

If the source code or binaries are available somewhere I would
happy to get them.

Any form of help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Gerald.

--
Gerald Marewo            address@hidden