Re: patch to make octave check for ATLAS BLAS libs, etcetera

From: Steven G. Johnson
Subject: Re: patch to make octave check for ATLAS BLAS libs, etcetera
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:55:32 -0400

Joao Cardoso <address@hidden> wrote:
>Shure. I was only trying to show that it is wrong (on my system and with
>shared libs) to add -latlas etc to LIBS, because after that point
>`configure' always fail to compile any file! And I am not the only one:

Oh, now I understand.  Adding it to LIBS is fine for linking Octave itself,
since Octave is also linked with FLIBS.  However, it breaks subsequent
configure tests because the configure link tests do not use FLIBS by
default.

The simplest thing would be to simply add FLIBS to the end of LIBS, and
then remove the explicity $(FLIBS) from src/Makefile.  Anything that we use
in LIBS should work with FLIBS anyway since Octave links with $(LIBS)
$(FLIBS) currently.

If there are no objections, I will revise my patch accordingly.

Steven