Re: Gnuplot ...

From: A Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: Gnuplot ...
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 08:51:23 -0500

In octave, I think what you want is

"gset nokey"

In gnuplot, it's

set nokey

At 12:26 PM +0200 4/4/00, Gerrit Visser wrote:
Hi All,

I know this is Off topic, but I do not know Gnuplot well enough to do it
from there.

How can one switch off the "line 1" ... "line n" Legend when plotting to
Gnuplot from Octave? I want to plot a discontinuous function, so I simply
plot the piecewise continuous sections separately with the same line
type and colour. Unfortunately, Gnuplot then assumes that it is a number
of separate lines, and tries to give each it's own legend.

I want to output Latex code, so I can simply edit the Letex file and
remove all the legends, but it would save a lot of time if I can simply
change a Gnuplot setting.

Gerrit

A S Hodel Assoc. Prof. Dept Elect and Computer Eng, Auburn Univ,AL 36849-5201
On leave at NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (256) 544-1426
Address until 31 July 2000:Mail Code TD-55, MSFC, Alabama, 35812
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~scotte