stimage

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: stimage
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 17:24:11 +0100 (BST)

 > Can any one tell me how can I save the data of a N points in x,y
 > position as an image to animate them. I am using octave 2.14.
 > If there is any method to use Gif or any an other form.
 >
 > Thanks  a lot
 > Maher

hi,

If you are using a unix system, then I can recommend using the program
gifsicle to make animated gifs.  (I think there also win32 binaries):

http://www.lcdf.org/~eddietwo/gifsicle/

So, you will want to save your octave matrices as an image; just use
the command saveimage() to save as for example a PPM image.  You'll
also then need to convert your PPM images into GIF images, using a
converter such as ppm2gif, part of the PBMPLUS suite of tools.

Stephen