compiling with Compaq fortran

From: Zhong Chen
Subject: compiling with Compaq fortran
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:11:42 -0600

I have also tried to complile the fortran code in the libcruft directory
with fort (compaq's linux-alpha compiler).  All the source code were
successfully compiled (I changed g77 in makefiles to fort.  Just linking g77
to fort does not work).  They were then successfully converted to a lib file
(.a).  The final linking is where it does not like the .a files.  It
complained not being able to find the math functions.  Anyone has tried
this?  Any pointers?

Thanks,

Z. Chen
ETS