Palm Devices

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Palm Devices
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:40:33 -0500 (CDT)

On 21-Oct-1999, Tony Jebara <address@hidden> wrote:

| I know this is really unlikely but is there a chance that
| a very slimmed down version of Octave will be ported
| to palm devices (i.e. Palm Pilot) anytime?

Probably not by me, unless someone provided a lot of funding for this
particular project.

But as always, Octave is free software, so you are free to port it to
this hardware yourself, or hire someone to do it for you, or just wait
for someone else to do it because they want to.

| There are some programmable calculators available for
| palm pilots that do graphing, branching, functions,
| conditionals, linear algebra, etc. already so the hardware
| could accommodate it somewhat.

How much memory do these systems have available for programs to run?
What kind of OS (i.e., does it look anything like Unix?).

jwe