Re: uniq matrix odering

From: Daniel Heiserer
Subject: Re: uniq matrix odering
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:12:59 +0200

Hi,

> This seems to be a problem from the combinatorial analysis,

Yep.

> which I dunno.  Still I'd like to clarify: are you going to
> permute rows and columns as a hole, i.e., change the places
> of say, the i-th and the j-th rows/columns, or you can

Yep.

> permute the elements within a row/column?  In the latter case
> it seems that you can reach _any_ configuration that has
> the predefined number of 1s (i.e., the same number of 1s,
> as your matrix).

You are right. My rule is: for ONE step you are allowed to permute
either a column OR a row.

> In this case there will also appear a problem
> to find the way of doing this in a minimum number of steps.

yep. This would be step number two.
Step one is to find a criteria or configuration which is unique.
Of course it is important to reach this configuration from
any pre-configuration as fast as possible.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
                                 Daniel Heiserer