Matlab vs Octave

From: Bostjan JERKO
Subject: Matlab vs Octave
Date: 13 Jul 1999 11:51:00 +0200

I have a Matlab m file for GA usage. There is an evaluation function used
in rather strange way (at least for me):

function [val,x]=gaDemo1Eval(x,parameters)
val = x(1) + 10*sin(5*x(1)+7*cos(4*x(2)):

After that, this function is used in ga program:

bxtX= ga([0 10: 0  -10], 'gaDemo1Eval')

It seems to be calling the evaluation function. Does anybody know how to
translate that to Octave ?

Regards,
        B.