execution speed in *oct files

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: execution speed in *oct files
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 21:54:22 -0400 (EDT)

  John> Ouch.  Strength reduction really helps here.

Indeed ouch. I used to use that option in debian/rules, but you had convinced
me a while back that it was of dubious use. As debian/rules is not under
version control, I can't back out when I reverted.

Thanks for doing the empirical testing. That was quite instructive.

Regards, Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.