Re: Non-Linear Regression

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: Non-Linear Regression
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 11:30:32 +0200 (CEST)

This  is  a  FAQ.   I  took  from  the  mathworks  contrib  dir  a  program
implementing the Levenberg-Marquardt nonlinear regression method.  I looked
around for the latest version of this software, which was modified by three
people.    I   then   adopted   it   to   Octave.   I   now   put   it   on
ftp://fly.cnuce.cnr.it/pub/software/octave/.

I'd like to  publish this under the  GPL.  To this end, I  tried to contact
the authors.   Arthur jutan responded, saying  that he has  no objection as
long  as authorship is  acknowledged, but  I didn't  manage to  contact the
others.  I'll try harder when I have  time, but if someone else does it, it
will be quicker.

--
Francesco Potortì (researcher)         Voice:    +39-050-593 203 (op. 211)
Computer Networks Group                Fax:      +39-050-904052