Re: speeding up Octave development (was: Re: m-code)

From: lash
Subject: Re: speeding up Octave development (was: Re: m-code)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:12:28 -0600 (CST)

> It really seems that the major impediment is
> structural.  I think that coders will appear
> if the mechanism to organize their contributions
> is in place.  This is of course harder and
> more time consuming than writing code.

I am not sure that I agree that the problem is
structural.  I don't think John has been ignoring
any code that has been contributed to him.  I don't
think it can get much easier than:

        1. Develop wonderful, well documented functions
           for Octave.

        2. Create a diff file.

        3. Send it to John, and let him integrate it.

Having a CVS repository, or something similar only changes
step 2 a little bit.  Maybe I'm mistaken.

Bill