No dynamic link with rpm

From: Evagelos Rozos
Subject: No dynamic link with rpm
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:31:45 +0200

Trying to find out why I could' nt run the oregonetor.oct I came to the
conclusion that the precompiled version (rpm format) in infomagics
distribution does not support dynamic linking. So if you get messages
like:
   octave: can't resolve symbol 'elem__C17octave_value_listi'
   error: FStest__Fv: `/home/skeltobc/src/octave/test.oct: undefined
symbol: FStest__Fv'
   error: _FStest__Fv: `/home/skeltobc/src/octave/test.oct: undefined
symbol: _FStest__Fv'
   error: `test' undefined near line 3 column 1
   error: evaluating expression near line 3, column 1
get the source and compile it.

The procedure is quite easy.
1) Untar the tar file and go inside to the new directory. Then type
2) ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/octave --enable-shared --enable-dl
--enable-lite-kernel
3) make CXXFLAGS=-O2 CFLAGS=-O2 FFLAGS=-O LDFLAGS=-s
4) make install

Everything will be installed in /usr/local/octave. You can run the
octave with /usr/local/octave/bin/octave.
Now there is a problem with oregonator.cc See
     Feb-15-1999
         Re: Dynamically Linked Functions.
(address@hidden)
         Re: Dynamically Linked Functions. (address@hidden)