Re: An octave perl module?

From: Daniel Heiserer
Subject: Re: An octave perl module?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 17:36:38 +0100

Haisam K. Ido wrote:

> Is there an octave perl module?

As far as I know not.
But that is something I would be very interested too.
There were a little discussion about that some time ago.

The thing is, it is probably not too difficult to do that.
Look at swig:

http://www.swig.org/

it is a "Software wrapper interface generator" which creates
a module for /perl/tcl/phyton/...../ out of a bunch of c-code.
It was done for matlab (look at the examples).
And I think there would be tremendous benefit of it.

One of the first examples was
http://www.supercomp.org/sc96/proceedings/SC96PROC/BEAZLEY/INDEX.HTM
that was probably were they used it with matlab.

Bye

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
                                 Daniel Heiserer