call .m script files from within .oct's

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: call .m script files from within .oct's
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 19:51:03 -0500 (CDT)

On  9-Sep-1998, Artur Jorge Azevedo Carvalho <address@hidden> wrote:

| hi! could someone please tell me how in the hell can i make a call to a
| .m script file from within a .oct file?
| what i'm planning to do is make a call back function using a .m file as
| the callback, so i also need to pass the func as a parameter to the .oct
| file also, is it possible? i supose that they're all avaiable in some
| array of funcs, maybe i'll just need to pass the name of the func as a
| string and use some octave func to make the call, no?
| thanks in advance!

Call feval(), like this:

  octave_value_list retval_list = feval (fcn_name, args);

where fcn_name is a string containing the name of the function you
want to call and args is an octave_value_list object containing the
values of the parameters you want to pass to the function.  The feval
function is declared in toplev.h and defined in toplev.cc in the
Octave sources.

jwe