Re: Octave-2.0.12:mips-sgi-irix6.2:Long wait on first use of function fi

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave-2.0.12:mips-sgi-irix6.2:Long wait on first use of function file
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 12:34:51 -0500 (CDT)

On 14-May-1998, Jim Van Zandt <address@hidden> wrote:

| I am looking forward to seeing octave binaries uploaded for
| architectures other than i386.

Me too.

I only have reliable access to Linux on an Intel system, and DEC
Alphas running Digital Unix 4.0.  Sometimes I can build Octave on
other systems, but it is a hassle for me, because it means that I have
to use systems that are not reliable (not enough disk space, old or
broken versions of gcc, etc.).  Sometimes I can work around the
problem, but usually it is not worth it to me.

Because of these problems, I have to rely on volunteers to provide
binaries for other systems.  I do appreciate the help others have
provided in the past, but so far I've only had occasional help with
building binaries.  To have binaries for lots of systems appear on the
ftp site within days of the source releases, I need to have more
volunteers with access to systems that I don't have.

So, if you're interested in helping out, please contact me.

Thanks,

jwe