path.m

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: path.m
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 01:44:56 -0500 (CDT)

On 23-Apr-1998, Steven N Harp <address@hidden> wrote:

| I found a path.m program at
|
| http://www.tsc.uvigo.es/GTS/Octave/oct_arch-v1.html ,
|
| It is part of the contribution for Octave 1.x code, but appears to
| work with octave 2.0.11. Could this code become part of the octave
| distribution?

I just added the following function for 2.0.12.  I wrote it some time
ago but apparently never put it in the distribution.

Thanks,

jwe

## Copyright (C) 1997 John W. Eaton
##
## This file is part of Octave.
##
## Octave is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
## under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
## the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
## any later version.
##
## Octave is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
## WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
## MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
## General Public License for more details.
##
## You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
## along with Octave; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to the Free
## Software Foundation, 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA
## 02111-1307, USA.

## usage: p = path (...)
##
## Modify or display Octave's LOADPATH.
##
## If nargin and nargout are 0, display the elements of Octave's
## LOADPATH in an easy to read format.
##
## If nargin is zero and nargout is greater than zero, return the
## current value of LOADPATH.
##
## If nargin is greater than zero, concatenate the arguments, separating
## them with ":".  Set LOADPATH to the result and also return it.
##
## No checks are made for duplicate elements.

## Author: jwe

function p = path (...)

  if (nargin == 0)
    if (nargout == 0)
      printf ("\nLOADPATH contains the following directories:\n\n  ");
      printf ("%s\n\n", strrep (LOADPATH, ":", "\n  "));
    else
      p = LOADPATH;
    endif
  else