Re: Announce: New graphics package, PLplot_octave

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: Announce: New graphics package, PLplot_octave
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 17:43:58 +0100 (BST)

On 06-Apr-98 Joao Cardoso wrote:
> This mean that you have not configured Tk, otherwise a libplplotdtk.xx
> should appear.

I used the "configure" command in the INSTALL file, namely

        ./configure --with-gcc=yes --enable-f77=no --enable-cxx=no \
        --with-double --with-shlib --disable-itcl --disable-dp \
        --x-includes=/usr/include --x-libraries=/usr/lib

Closely inspecting the output of "configure", I see that files such as "tk.h"
are not found even though they are present on the system. Therefore "enable_tk"
gets reset to "no", etc. Looking at "configure", I think I will only get it to
work by painstakingly editing "configure" so that the various directories to be
searched match what are on my system. Then I can try again. For instance, it
seems that there are only a few references to X11R6 directories. Maybe this is
due to the age of the package.

However, I don't have time for some days to do this thoroughly, so it will have
to wait. Which is a pity, because this application of plplot to octave looked
very attractive!

Thanks, Joao, for the attention to my queries.

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Date: 06-Apr-98                                       Time: 17:43:58