Re: gnuplot for win32-octave

From: Mumit Khan
Subject: Re: gnuplot for win32-octave
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 23:34:27 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 17-Feb-1998, Thomas Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I'm not even sure if you can build the patched version of gnuplot
> using the gnu-win32 tools (perhaps Mumit Khan can say for sure).
> You might be able to build it with some other Windows-based C
> compiler.

I know that most of it compiled just fine, but back then the resource
compiler was just too immature to handle the pull down menus. I suppose
I'll revisit the question again now that the resource compiler (windres)
is quite a bit better and also that gnuplot folks have somewhat relaxed
the license.

I have about 5 messages from various Octave users in the last few days
forwarding me the new license, and now it looks like it's ok to distribute
modified binaries provided it clearly says that it's not the supported
version, and so on.

I'll give it a shot early March and let the list know.

For the long term, John's plan of switching is definitely the right way to
go.

Mumit