RE: Octave through WWW and GPlot question

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: Octave through WWW and GPlot question
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 19:41:25 -0000 (GMT)

On 04-Dec-97 John W. Eaton wrote:
> On  4-Dec-1997, W. Jarrett Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>| My question now is how to size the image.  gplot gives me a 640x480 pixel
>| image.  I tried using the "set size .5,.5" command but size has a different
>| connotation in Octave.  Someone suggested "gset" but that doesn't work
>| either.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> What version of Octave and gnuplot are you using?  gset size 0.5,0.5
> seems to work correctly for me with the current release of Octave.
>
> If there is a bug in the current release, please send a complete bug
> report to address@hidden  Just saying that it doesn't
> work won't help anyone fix the problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> jwe

I think he's really asking how he can change the size of the gnuplot X window.

If that's the case, then setting gnuplot_binary on startup should do it, e.g.

gnuplot_binary="gnuplot -geometry 700x700"

(and any other X11 options needed).

The problem of setting the aspect-ratio of the actual *plot* (i.e. the relative
lengths of the axes) in gnuplot is, however, a notorious tough nut.

Hope this helps,
Ted.

E-Mail: Ted Harding <address@hidden>
Date: 04-Dec-97                                       Time: 19:41:25