Help with legend and color output

From: Steven N Harp
Subject: Help with legend and color output
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:25:56 -0400 (EDT)

I am using Octave 2.0.5 on a Solaris 2.5 machine and producing my
plots with gnuplot, using Matlab syntax. Can I change the names in the
legend, for example line 1 to whatever I want from with Octave,
possibly as either the variable I am plotting name or a argument in
the call to the plotting function? Currently I am saving the
postscript file and then editing it to change the labels in the
legend. I have also noticed that when I direct the output to a ps file
and then view or print it , it is displayed as a black and white file,
not a color one. Do I need to save it in a manner other than

gset terminal postscript;
gset output "temp.ps"

?

Thanks