what happened to rand?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: what happened to rand?
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 15:30:31 -0600

On 22-Mar-1997, arthur blair <address@hidden> wrote:

| I just compiled octave 205. Now rand returns
| octave:2> rand
| error: `rand' undefined near line 2 column 1
| error: evaluating expression near line 2, column 1
| octave:2>
|
| What happened to rand?

It should still be there.  What options did you use when you
configured and compiled Octave?  Did you install it, or try to run it
in the same directory where it was compiled?  If the latter, and you
used --enable-lite-kernel, Octave won't be able to find the functions
defined in .m or .oct files until you install it (or set LOADPATH to
something other than the default).

jwe