Bessel functions?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Bessel functions?
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 14:37:34 -0600

On 16-Jan-1997, Dave Cottingham <address@hidden> wrote:

: As I am in need of some Bessel functions, I picked up the latest
: contrib archive of special functions from the very handy site
: http://www.tsc.uvigo.es/GTS/Octave/oct_arch.html.  However, I cannot
: get besselj to work.  It relies on functions j0 and j1, which are not
: present in either octave 1.1.1 or 2.0, and which I can't find anywhere
: in the contrib archive.  Does anybody know how to get this to work?

Kurt Hornik's current collection of functions for Octave includes a
newer version of besslj() that uses jybess() instead of j0() or j1().
You can get Kurt's files from ftp.ci.tuwien.ac.at in the directory
/pub/export/octave.  I believe jybess() is available from the archive
of contributed functions at www.tsc.uvigo.es.

jwe